Ms. Wadland returned to the firm in 2020, having clerked for Verros Berkshire during law school. Since that time, Ms. Wadland’s practice has been focused on a variety of real estate matters. Prior to returning to the firm, she was in-house counsel for a large, national owner and operator of shopping centers where she managed over $98 million dollars of dispositions of retail real estate in addition to condemnations, property development, leasing, property management, and general corporate matters.
Ms. Wadland has further experience in real estate transactions involving industrial and multi-family residential properties as well as industrial warehouse and distribution center leasing and management of commercial condominium associations.
At DePaul University College of Law, Jennifer was a member of the Housing and Community Development Legal Clinic where her team provided legal assistance to organizations working in affordable housing and community development. Through this experience she advised county personnel on foreclosure policy and worked to develop a strategy to allow local land banks to acquire foreclosed properties. In addition, Jennifer led a legal literacy program for residents of one of the nation’s largest affordable housing organizations. Jennifer earned a B.A. in Political Science from the Honors College at Western Kentucky University where she served as an Honors College Student Ambassador and a member of the Mock Trial Team and Model United Nations. Jennifer earned a J.D. from DePaul University College of Law where she was a 2014 recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award.
- Ad Valorem Property Tax Appeals
- Commercial, Industrial, and Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Leases
- Easements and Property Agreements
- Property Tax Abatements and Tax Incentives
- Property Tax Legal Issues
- DePaul University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2015
- Western Kentucky University
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2012
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association (Member: State and Local Taxation Section & Real Estate Law Section)
- International Council of Shopping Centers
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Communication Through Contract: How to Complete the Illinois 6.1 Residential Real Estate Purchase and Sale Contract to Best Serve Your Client and Communicate with the Attorney” Class taught at the Inland Real Estate School in 2018
- “An Overview of PILOT Programs Implemented to Help Offset Revenue Losses from Property Tax Exemptions Given to Non-Profit Institutions” Illinois Bar Association Tax Trends Newsletter Vol. 58, No. 8 February 2015
- “The Influence of European Union Policy on Capital Punishment in the United States Judicial System” Undergraduate Honors Capstone Thesis, 2012